A network security engineer’s responsibilities are multifaceted as they’ll have to make the system as secure as possible. They are responsible for many different tasks related to the security of the system. Following are some of the network security job description
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security arrangements for the protection of the network systems.
- Identifying, monitoring, and defining the requirements of the overall security of the system.
- Creating different ways to solve the existing threats and security issues.
- Configuring and implementing intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
- Testing and checking the system for weaknesses in software and hardware.
- Maintaining firewalls, virtual private networks, web protocols, and email security.
- Creating virus and threat detection systems.
- Configuring and installing security infrastructure devices.